Sunday, December 04, 2005

Day 34

“To be a servant I must think like a servant.”
Purpose Driven Life
Point to Ponder: Day 34

I must confess I do not like being treated as a servant. I can recall a number of times in ministry when I have been used to the point where I have nothing left and then simply thrown away without the slightest thought or thank you leaving me feeling like a used tissue thrown in a wastebasket.

I do not like that feeling. But I can handle it (most of the time) and I am sure I will have to continue to handle it. It is not so bad when it comes from serving the world but when it comes from within the leadership of the church or a church related organization it’s a little bit tougher.

In fact I myself may have treated some people serving under me in that way without realizing it. If you are reading this and have felt that I have ever mistreated you in such a way that you “felt like a used tissue thrown in a wastebasket” I am truly sorry.

We should act in a way that honors servants rather than abuses them.

Sadly that is rarely the case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

BlogRankers.com